Everybody at Aim Lock & Safe would like to wish Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Our 31st year in business (1986 was soooo long ago) here in Milton was one our most successful and rewarding.
And for that, we thank you: Our fantastic customers.
It truly is a privilege to protect your homes and commercial businesses and we look forward to serving you in 2018 – any beyond.
Before we say goodbye to 2017, let’s take a look back at the blogs which really resonated with you.
January: Security trends for 2017
The first blog to go live this year focused on business, home & car security trends for 2017.
- For businesses, it was all about access control systems
- For homeowners, Bluetooth locks were expected to be big
- For car owners, the focus was on remote control car alarms
There’s no expectation these trends will slow down anytime soon.
In fact, they may be joined in 2018 by emerging security developments like smart home technology.
If you want to read it again, here’s January’s blog about 2017 security trends.
March: Your business and accessibility
The longest blog ever written was a special two-part piece on what your business should do about accessibility.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) becomes law in 2025.
And while that may seem like a long time away, it’s important to note that 12 years have passed since this legislation was enacted (2005).
For business owners, that means two important things:
- Physical upgrades your business must make
- Training staff to interact with people with disabilities
If you missed it the first time around, take another look at this blog on business accessibility.
July: Bluetooth locks
Many people wanted to know more about Bluetooth locks, which were first mentioned in our January blog.
In short, the deal with Bluetooth locks is they have the same pairing technology you use when you sync your iPod to your home stereo or your smartphone to your car radio.
Some advantages include:
- Great range of use
- Strong encryption technology
- Eliminates the need for physical keys
And as Bluetooth locks become more prevalent, any drawbacks (such as battery life) will be minimized.
Take another look at Bluetooth locks for your home.
Security tips for the holidays
Now that the holiday season is here, you’ll be busy giving gifts, receiving gifts, hosting parties, and attending parties.
So it’s quite easy to become a little absent-minded when it comes to keeping safe.
Unfortunately, many thieves strike at this time of year because there are so many empty houses with so many valuables to take.
Here are some things you can do to ensure this season is safe (as well as fun):
- Take a moment to lock your doors before rushing to the mall
- If possible, put up your Christmas tree away from any windows
- Hide your presents (especially jewelry) in a home safe
- Put presents inside the trunk of the car so they’re out of sight
- Carry what you can handle; malls are crowded and if you put a bag down, it may not be there when you pick it up
- Park in a well-lit area of the parking lot
- Never forget to lock your car
Learn other ways you can stay safe during the holidays.
Thanks for a great year. See you in 2018
However you plan on spending the holidays, we hope it’s full of family, friends and fun.
And however you plan on ringing in the New Year, we hope it’s safe and enjoyable.
Even though it’s the Christmas season, we’re here for all your security needs.
Contact us with any questions or comments you have. We’ll get back to you ASAP with the information you’re looking for.